[ODE] Re: Simulating Wheels

jfdes jfdes at wanadoo.fr
Fri Nov 7 18:26:33 MST 2003

Well, this thread is very interesting but I think before talking about
such complex and precise things, the way we all implement collision and
friction for wheels should be cleared out. ie. : using pure ODE features
(like bounce, fdir1, slip1, slip2, etc) or using pure Pacejka or some
intermediate algorithm, etc. I know it's like always in simulation
coding the question of the egg and the chicken, but I still think the
choice of the formulas should be discussed 1st  :-).

Frenchie.