[ODE] Natural motion

Joshua Bongard bongard at ifi.unizh.ch
Tue May 20 02:50:02 2003

The CEO, Torsten Reil, has some academic papers listed on his personal web
page that formed the basis of Natural Motion:

http://users.ox.ac.uk/~quee0818/pub/publications.html

On Tue, 20 May 2003, Henri Hakl wrote:

> Hi :)
>
> I would like to know if any of you know a bit about NaturalMotion and their Active Character Technology. It sounds rather convincing, impressive, promising and a whole range of wonderful things. But there is very, very little information available on >how< they do it (apart from the marketing talk). There don't seem to be any online presentations, reports, articles, technical papers or anything available.
>
> Maybe one of the ODE people can help me a bit further there. If you don't know what it is, have a look at:
>
> http://www.naturalmotion.com
>
> It really looks quite nice - I would like to know if it is all flash and smoke, with little substance; or something that would actually be quite a breakthrough in the field of articulated system control.
>
> thanks
>   Henri
>
> PS - they do make mention of some Oxford research they are supposedly basing their work on, but I haven't found the Oxford work in question.

Josh C. Bongard
Doctoral candidate, Artificial Intelligence Laboratory
Department of Information Technology, University of Zurich
Winterthurerstrasse 190, CH-8057 Zurich, Switzerland
Phone: +41 01 635 43 47
Fax:   +41 01 635 68 09
www.ifi.unizh.ch/ailab/people/bongard/