[ODE] Demo of upcoming kart game

Erwin de Vries erwin at vo.com
Thu May 15 15:55:02 2003

This looks pretty nice. Can you share more details about how you implemented
the physics? I believe i did notice some AI cars going to the air very
shortly when bumping into a wall, but most of the time the dynamics seem to
be solid and predictable.

Some questions. Did you model the kart as 1 box, or did you use rays or
spheres for the wheels? There seems to be no suspension in the karts, so i
assume its just 1 box? When a kart collides with a wall or another kart its
position is influenced only a little, and speed is preserved. Did you do
anything special to get this behavor? Did you use the tricollider to do your
collisions with the walls?

My fastest time was 25:67. Is that good? :-)

Erwin