[ODE] drawing code

Royce Mitchell III Royce Mitchell III <royce3 at ev1.net>
Sat May 3 08:19:02 2003

Hello Sean,

Hehe, I'm actually going to disagree with you on this one. GLUT
handles all the platforms we intended to target, but SDL had bigger
problems. We wrote our client to be able to use either SDL or GLUT,
and GLUT worked better.

More specifically, SDL has a major bug in that if you resize a window
you have to reload your textures. I don't remember the other issues we
had, but I pretty much gave up on SDL for that reason.

Oh yeah, we fought with SDL sound support for several hours, and could
not get it working the way we wanted, but had OpenAL working in 15
minutes.

I know SDL is popular and used in many apps, but I think it's not
quite ready for prime-time when mixed with OpenGL.

--
May you always find water and shade,
 Royce3