[ODE] OT: virtual creatures in games

Thomas M Clarke tmc at liquidfire.org
Thu Mar 27 16:02:01 2003

I'm currently working on exactly this, havent had time to look through the
for the project definition report:

http://www.liquidfire.org/

The project deadline is in May/June, I should have some videos to
demonstrate what it is and exactly what it does by then. It distinguishes
between the motivation for a movement and the lower level kinematic
movemements, it does not have the ai to decide where to go but more on how
to get there with the given chain.

I'm using ODE as the kinematics library, a representation for the "brains"
that I've developed called Color thats a parrallel programming language and
Juice as the input definition for the kinematic chains.

Due to the potential for commercial prospects it is not going to be open
source, sorry. The final report/paper will be up and available to all
though.

Thomas