[ODE] no help :(

Bjoern Mahn bjoern.mahn at ais.fraunhofer.de
Mon Mar 24 06:24:32 2003

Hello everybody!

Unfortunatelly nobody answered to my question I wrote last week. I analysed
my problem of an exploding sphere rotation in ODE. I think, there must be an
error or instable approximation in the calculation of rotating spheres.
Please may anybody give me a feed back, whether I am wrong or not:

a) if you create a sphere (lying on the ground) and if you then connect it to
another body decentrally (e.g. also a sphere) via joint (whereby the joint
should be fixt e.g. by setting the stop-parameters of a hinge angle to 0),
after starting the simulation the second body will behave like a pendular,
but increase its pendular height more and more until it "exploses".

b) even if the mass is negative the same problem occurs

c) the mass of both bodies is independant from the wrong behavior we can see

Why does this phenomenom occur? How can I correct it?

Please, may anybody help me?

Thank
 Björn Mahn.