SV: [ODE] Particle/cloth/skeleton (was: Re: Choleski factorization)

gl gl at ntlworld.com
Mon Mar 24 03:20:02 2003

> This is a danger that ODE already has, though.  Geoms can
> cheerfully pass through each other if they're going fast
> enough, are thin enough in one dimension, and your collision
> detection steps are infrequent enough, requiring hacks with
> rays and ccylinders for bullets, etc.

Another good reason for fixed timesteps incidentally (at least keeps the
problem predictable).  I vote for cloth - it would be _very_ nice having it
integrated directly into ODE, and interacting with bodies.

Either way though, way to go on the iteration front David - looking forward
to giving it a whirl.  Is it possible to switch between the two methods
mid-simulation for comparison?  Failing that, a compile time switch would be
nice.
--
gl