[ODE] complex geometries

Michal Bacik michal at lonelycatgames.com
Wed Mar 12 09:50:02 2003

Hi,
look at test examples, e.g. blockstack. There's a composite object made of 3
geoms, attached to single body.

This is done so, that all geoms generate contacts for the same body, so all
forces affect the body. When body moves/rotates, so do all the geoms.

It's a bit tricky to construct such body - you need to add masses, rotate
masses, etc, and finally you must offset all geoms (and actually geometry)
of the body so that center of mass is at (0, 0, 0) relative to body, because
ODE requires this so.

- michal