[ODE] Steering Stops when setting FiniteRotationAxis every loop

Jeff Weber jeffreyweber at hotmail.com
Mon Mar 3 20:37:01 2003

My wheels were getting a little bendy, so I decided to try the
FiniteRotation functions.

For my 2 front wheels, at init I set: (note: using .net wrapper)

_odeWheelBody.FiniteRotationMode = true;

Then, every game loop I call the following for each front wheel:

wheel.Body.FiniteRotationAxis = this._wheelJoint.GetAxis2();

When I do this, i'm no longer able to steer my vehicle using the MaxForce
and Desired Velocity functions on axis1.

If I don't set the FiniteRotation stuff, I can steer fine. (except for the
bending of course.)  I did confirm that everything is properly getting
passed thru my wrapper so I don't think that's the problem.

Any ideas?