[ODE] UNSORTED TriList collision (no trees!)

Nate W coding at natew.com
Wed Jun 18 20:47:02 2003

On Wed, 18 Jun 2003, Ed Resnick wrote:

> Responding to your other reply (about using a plane for each
> triangle), how did you compensate for the fact that triangles are
> bounded? If I just use a plane for each triangle and create the
> contact points, I'd end up with a number of points floating in
> mid-air, along with a number of real ones.

Far as I can tell, ODE is used only to generate contacts after Opcode
itself determines whether there's an overlap within the bounds of the
triangle.  Collision detection and contact generation are related but
distinct problems; Opcode does the former, and the tri-collider glue uses
existing ODE code for the latter.

At least, that's the impression I got from looking at the source.  Pierre
and/or Erwin can probably answer this better than I can, it's their code. :-)

--

Nate Waddoups
Redmond WA USA