[ODE] Problem with the colliders table initialisation order with user define geoms.

Sébastien Duval sebastien.duval at insanelogics.com
Wed Jun 18 06:52:02 2003

------=_NextPart_000_001A_01C3357F.51CAF4C0

"If you call dHashSpaceCreate before creating your first geom the
problem is solved because dHashSpaceCreate calls initColliders() from
dxGeom constructor."

Yep. Actually, like I said, creating any geom (like a space, but also a =
box or a sphere) before creating a user define geom would fix the =
problem. This is the reason why I never encountered the problem. Before, =
I created a space then add the user geom to it, but since I wrote my own =
hash space that take advantage of "static objects", there is no more =
calls to initColliders before I fill the table...

Anyway, I tough it was important to share this information with you guys =
because it is a very circumstantial bug and took me an hour to figure =
out what the fuck was screwing my function pointers. ;)

Cookie
------=_NextPart_000_001A_01C3357F.51CAF4C0

<HTML><HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>"If you call dHashSpaceCreate before =
creating your=20
first geom the<BR>problem is solved because dHashSpaceCreate calls=20
initColliders() from<BR>dxGeom constructor."</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Yep. Actually, like I said, creating =
any geom (like=20
a space, but also a box or a sphere) before creating a user define geom =
would=20
fix the problem.&nbsp;This is the reason why I never encountered the =
problem.=20
Before, I created a space then add&nbsp;the user geom to it, but since=20
I&nbsp;wrote my own hash space that take advantage of "static objects", =
there is=20
no more calls to initColliders before I&nbsp;fill the =
table...</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Anyway, I tough it was important to =
share this=20
information with you guys because it is a very circumstantial bug and =
took me an=20
hour to figure out what the fuck was screwing my function pointers.=20
;)</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Cookie</FONT></DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_001A_01C3357F.51CAF4C0--