[ODE] An embarassingly basic geometry question

Shamyl Zakariya zakariya at earthlink.net
Wed Jun 11 12:54:02 2003

Actually, that's the plan. I intend to have the two cylinders be
representing a slider joint.
Right now, I've got a slider joint invisibly doing the work, and am
simply testing my positioning code by drawing a cylinder between the
ball joints the slider connects.

But yes, that's exactly the plan! Right now, my mechanical work is
limited to standard servos (since I'm a robotics newbie), but since
I've got good machine-shop access, and since I *love* machining work, I
decided some time ago that when I get my current robot physically up
and running, my next project will be a compressed-air powered spider,
with pneumatic piston actuators. How cool would that be?