[ODE] Moving body getting stuck along a wall...

Brian Bell bbell at legitimatefront.com
Fri Jun 6 12:26:02 2003

Thanks, it was in fact the mu value that was causing it.

One interesting thing to note though, for people who may run into a similar
situation later, is that if mu is zero for all contacts (including contacts
with the floor), then the ball will not roll, it will simply slide around.
So you have to handle collisions with a bit more intelligence (if you aren't
already), and set a normal looking mu value for collisions with the floor,
but use a zero value for collisions with the walls.

Thanks again for your quick help!
Brian