[ODE] Problems with 0.039 and trimesh

Adam D. Moss aspirin at ntlworld.com
Tue Jul 29 23:59:01 2003

Thomas Harte wrote:
 > I first built ODE 0.039 exactly as I had 0.035 and 0.03 before. No
problems - all binaries in ode\test appeared okay and things were rosy.
Then I decided to have a go with the new trimesh features, so I built
opcode using the provided MSVC workspace (although I had it put the lib
files into the same directory as the workspace rather than in
"..\..\lib" which doesn't even exist in the hierarchy on my computer),
uncommented the OPCODE_DIRECTORY line in user-settings and ran make
again. The result is two further executables in ode\test -
test_trimesh.exe and test_moving_trimesh.exe. Neither of these work.

 > test_trimesh displays a sort of skeletal satellite dish and is
otherwise like test_boxstack with one very important difference -
whatever objects are dropped, they just head straight through the ground
and fall to infinity.

 > test_moving_trimesh displays a screen of polygonal garbage with the
occasional section of floor showing. I've uploaded a screenshot here:
http://www.btinternet.com/~t.harte/trimesh.png

Try again with ODE compiled w/ PRECISION=SINGLE

Regards,
--Adam
--
Adam D. Moss   . ,,^^   adam@gimp.org   http://www.foxbox.org/   co:3
"...I generally use sea salt but you can get fancy with Celtic or