[ODE] Problems with 0.039 and trimesh

Thomas Harte thomasharte at lycos.co.uk
Tue Jul 29 14:22:01 2003

--=_NextPart_Lycos_0141211059513796_ID

I first built ODE 0.039 exactly as I had 0.035 and 0.03 before. No problems - all binaries in ode\test appeared okay and things were rosy. Then I decided to have a go with the new trimesh features, so I built opcode using the provided MSVC workspace (although I had it put the lib files into the same directory as the workspace rather than in "..\..\lib" which doesn't even exist in the hierarchy on my computer), uncommented the OPCODE_DIRECTORY line in user-settings and ran make again. The result is two further executables in ode\test - test_trimesh.exe and test_moving_trimesh.exe. Neither of these work.

test_trimesh displays a sort of skeletal satellite dish and is otherwise like test_boxstack with one very important difference - whatever objects are dropped, they just head straight through the ground and fall to infinity.

test_moving_trimesh displays a screen of polygonal garbage with the occasional section of floor showing. I've uploaded a screenshot here: http://www.btinternet.com/~t.harte/trimesh.png

My compiler is MSVC 6, and I get the same results under both Windows 98 and 2000 - both of which I have installed on my machine.

Am I doing something dense, or do my experiences reflect the maturity of bundling trimesh to ODE? Assuming I can ever get the thing to work, from where can I get a manual for trimesh? The only mention in the docs is as a return result for dGeomGetClass.

My setup is that I have a quadtree and I wish to collide boxes and capped cylinders against this - am I right in thinking that trimesh can help me when combined with the contributed capped cylinder class?

-Thomas

Film & TV Extras urgently required in your area - See Yourself in major Films & TV? Call 0907 1512440 to Register. calls cost 150pm

--=_NextPart_Lycos_0141211059513796_ID--