[ODE] ODE in its own thread

Aras Pranckevicius nearaz at interamotion.com
Fri Jul 18 00:11:02 2003

Ok, that's not very ODE specific, but anyway :)

> I have been wanting to try rendering in one thread and 'everything
> thing else' in another thread for sometime now. My guess is that it
> potentially could be a nice speedup, but only when the rendering is
> very gpu complex and very cpu simple. ie, Doom3.

Probably not. GPU and CPU are already running in parallel (in fact, GPU
might be even still drawing what you submitted several frames behind).

BTW, I wouldn't say DoomIII is very CPU simple - at least it does skinning
and shadow silhouettes on the CPU :)

Aras Pranckevicius aka NeARAZ
http://www.gim.ktu.lt/nesnausk/nearaz/