[ODE] diffs, box-sphere collider changes

Aras Pranckevicius nearaz at interamotion.com
Tue Jul 15 00:13:01 2003

> It's not a very big diff, but there's a scattering of odd cruft
> included (the change in the first hunk is a particular puzzle, for
> example) that probably says that you should apply as-is only with
> caution

> diff -u -b -r1.9 collision_std.cpp
> --- ode/src/collision_std.cpp 11 Jul 2003 21:35:34 -0000 1.9
> +++ ode/src/collision_std.cpp 14 Jul 2003 19:13:20 -0000

This one's because I thought it was a bug in box-sphere collider (I've
reported it to this list, but it didn't gain much interest :)). According to
comments, the routine should push the sphere to the closest box edge. Now,
I'm either missing something, or it's pushing the sphere to the farthest box
edge (finds largest 't', not smallest one). Hence this change.

I've made some other changes to error messages, but these were for my
particular case only, and shouldn't go into ODE (I've changed messages to go
to MSVC's debug output via OutputDebugString).

Aras Pranckevicius aka NeARAZ
http://www.gim.ktu.lt/nesnausk/nearaz/