[ODE] Re: Cross compiling ODE for Pocket PC

GMANE rdmisc at dahlsys.com
Fri Jul 4 13:46:03 2003

Nate,

Thank you for the info.

I've compiled the core ODE library for Pocket PC now. It compiled pretty
much out of the box after I added a custom makefile and removed the
configurator stuff. Initial tests on my ARM based PDA indicate that it will
be fast enough for my purposes (1500 worldsteps per second on two bodies and
one joint with emulated fp).

I'll create diffs and submit them at some point, in case anyone else wants
to run ODE on Pocket PC :) I'm not planing on trying to compile any of the
ODE test stuff though. That would be much harder. I guess for optimization
it might also be a good idea at some point to look at setting up the fbuild
stuff (I'm just using the default files now).

Roger