[ODE] TriMesh support and OPCODE added to ODE core

christer_ericson@playstation.sony.com christer_ericson at playstation.sony.com
Wed Jul 2 12:28:01 2003

> > Can you identify the parts that were taken from Magic?  It
> > might be possible for me (or someone) to rewrite them under
> > a ODE-compatible license.
>
> I could do this, but this is insane. Opcode itself uses parts of magic,
and
> so do some other commercial or non-commercial products i've seen. I
believe
> the guys from fastcar use some magic routines. Why is it you fear the
magic
> licence so much? The author stated it was ok to include it in ode, given
> that noone would take everything out and exploit the magic functions
> commercially. Are you trying to sell its functions as is without added
> product? :-)

I'm not sure what ODE's license says, but wouldn't the simple
solution be to simply amend it, specifying that the OPCODE bit
of ODE falls under the OPCODE license and any Magic bits fall
under the Magic license? And everything else under the ODE
license itself.

Christer Ericson
Sony Computer Entertainment, Santa Monica