[ODE] Re: plane class with half space aabb

Tim Schmidt tisch at uni-paderborn.de
Tue Jul 1 15:15:02 2003

Erwin de Vries wrote:
> It is perfectly legal that different geoms use the same bits for different
> purposes. After all, nothing can go wrong if the type member of a geom is
> valid. 16 bits for 1 geomtype is actually pretty much. I think 8 bits would
> be enough as well. This would leave us with 24 bits for the baseclass, which
> i feel should be more than enough.

Ok, so I am going to make a second version that uses these bits. I think
if  I approach from the side of the most significant bit, the question
if 8 or 16 bits are allowed to be used for geom type specific things can
be answered later.

That means, I will use
11100000 00000000 00000000 00000000
for the seven possible cases. Comments are welcome.

regards
	Tim