[ODE] .NET wrapper - Materials

Nate W coding at natew.com
Mon Jan 27 22:40:02 2003

On Tue, 28 Jan 2003, David Walker wrote:

> I'd missed the discussion on materials but I've just had a quick look
> at the archives and it sounds like a good idea but there are few
> things I'm not sure about.  [...]

That's OK, those are the same things I'm not so sure about, too. :-)

You would get N^2 possible material interactions, but I was sort of hoping
that there would be an easy way to compute reasonable values for contact
properties without creating an N^2 table of data.  For example, use the
lower of the 2 mu values, the larger of the two CFM values, and so on.
Then again, for small values of N (less than 10?), a whole table wouldn't
be so bad.

Scoring is a good example of a case where callbacks make sense.  Someone
mentioned collision sound effects earlier, and that's another task that
would probably be much more effecient with callbacks than without.

--

Nate Waddoups
Redmond WA USA