[ODE] looks like i am moving on

Michael Powers popomatix at yahoo.com
Wed Jan 22 17:49:01 2003

> Basic dynamics technology like ODE should be be
> open-source ...  ODE is pretty authoritative - there
simply isn't
> another open source
> dynamics engine with this caliber of performance or
> completeness.  As well
> ODE is in the enviable position of being pretty much
> the only reasonably
> complete open source dynamics implementation

i completely agree - and perhaps the sourceforge move
will start to make it expand and grow - its a great
start

i also see the need for a more declarative syntax so
that these effects are easier to use - and more
effects like soft body (cloth, melting) and fracturing
(as novodex has created) - explosions - there is SO
much to add that would be fantastic in gaming and in
massive multiplayer - its where i want my system to go
- exploring that area of how to do truly novel
experiences