[ODE] dCylinder with new collision detection system

Olivier Michel Olivier.Michel at cyberbotics.com
Wed Jan 15 03:47:01 2003

Hello,

I am trying to get the dCylinder contribution by Konstantin Slipchenko
work with the new collision detection system if ODE 0.035.

1) I fixed a few include problems to get the new include files included
-> seems Ok.
2) I changed the CLASSDATA(g) macro by dGeomGetClassData(g) -> seems Ok.
3) I had a trouble with dCylinderClass which is defined as an enum in
collision_kernel.h and which has to be assigned from the
dCreayteGeomClass function (according to the current doc). So I removed
it from the enum list and implemented it as an int...

I could finally compile and link properly with my app.
However, it doesn't work yet very well. Did I missed something up there ?

Anyone else tryed to do that with more success ?

By the way, why this Cylinder geometry is not yet included in ODE ? Lack
of time to do it or missing Cylinder - CCylinder collision detection ?

-Olivier