[ODE] Joint Data Output, This is for Nate

Nate W coding at natew.com
Thu Feb 20 20:27:01 2003

On Thu, 20 Feb 2003, w Wei wrote:

> I've assigned IDs to bodies so that the joints know what bodies to
> attach to, however, when I step through the world after I've attached
> the bodies, the result coords of the joints and bodies seem different
> than if I had just steped through the world without the input and
> output of joints and bodies.
>
> Were there extra precautions you had to take for the joint and body
> relationship?

Precautions, no... debugging, yes. :-)

How do the results differ when you save and re-load the bodies and joints?

If you're saving and re-loading in mid-simulation, could it be that the
bodies are not being recreated with the same velocity data as in the prior
sim step?  Are contact joints being saved and re-created as well?

--

Nate Waddoups
Redmond WA USA