[ODE] Joint Data Output, This is for Nate

w Wei ww_dotnet at yahoo.com
Thu Feb 20 20:02:02 2003

--0-1147909080-1045796530=:72929

Hey Nate,

   A while ago, I asked you about outputting objects into files and then later reading them in.  More specifically, you mentioned the hardship of attaching the right bodies to the right joints.  I'm having some trouble with that... Here's my problem...

I've assigned IDs to bodies so that the joints know what bodies to attach to, however, when I step through the world after I've attached the bodies, the result coords of the joints and bodies seem different than if I had just steped through the world without the input and output of joints and bodies.

Were there extra precautions you had to take for the joint and body relationship?

-ww