[ODE] Dynamic mesh collision

whitt013 whitt013 at bama.ua.edu
Tue Feb 18 11:33:01 2003

ODE would still provide the "illusion" of deformation if your ERP is less than
1 (like 0.9) and your CFM is slightly greater than 0 (like 1e-5).  In that
case, it takes more than 1 timestep for two intersecting bodies to be pushed
apart, allowing the tires to sink through the ground just a tad.  From the
top, it looks like the tire just deformed to fit the surface.  And it's a lot
cheaper to use one non-deformable cylinder than a whole mesh with pressure
calculations....

David