[ODE] Steering A Vehicle (AMotors)

Nate W coding at natew.com
Tue Feb 18 07:34:01 2003

On Tue, 18 Feb 2003, Thomas Harte wrote:

> A method I have been experimenting with is setting up the steering
> system exactly ala the Lego Technics cars, i.e. with one beam fixed to
> the chassis and three other beams forming a rectangle [...]
>
> Has anyone else tried anything like this?

Yep, and with double-wishbone suspension too:

http://www.natew.com/juice/frames.cgi/general/html.Pix

The center hinge at the front of the chassis has a motor that controls the
whole steering linkage.  It's controlled with a joystick using the method
I described in my last message.  It all works just fine.

--

Nate Waddoups
Redmond WA USA