[ODE] contact joints with disabled bodies

slipch slipch <slipch at gsc-game.kiev.ua>
Thu Feb 13 02:09:02 2003

Hello ,

  Why constantly set and remove contacts between geometries connected
  with disabled bodies and static geometries?
  Tri-collider do not set contacts when a geometry connected with
  a disabled body. In some cases this greatly reduce processing time.
  Especially when you have a lot of disabled dynamic objects lying on
  tri-mesh. But this cause a problem - when a body automatically
  enabled having no contacts with tri-mesh it begin to fall. In case
  of constant enabling and disabling we get annoying vibration.
  The best solution I think is - not set and not remove contacts while
  a body disabled. But currently it is rather difficult to implement.
  Preferably to have possibility to prevent a joint in joint group
  being deleted when dJointGroupEmpty.
  May be there is another solutions.

  Is there any plans about this?

  I am very appreciate any reflections on the subject.
--
Best regards,
Konstantin Slipchenko                         mailto:slipch@gsc-game.kiev.ua