[ODE] updated .NET wrapper

David Walker david.walker530 at ntlworld.com
Mon Feb 10 20:51:01 2003

Hello,

I've updated my .NET wrapper for ODE. you can find it on my site which is at
http://homepage.ntlworld.com/david.walker530
Among the additions you'll find the Angular motor and joint feedback.
I've also had a first stab at adding some kind of materials functionality
that was discussed not so long back. I've done this by adding another
collide method to space that takes a joint group (for contacts) and a world
parameter. Geoms also have a new property Material.
Each material has surfaceparameters that are set and then during the
collide, the surface parameters are averaged out to give the contact
behaviour. This is a kind of half way implementation and I still intend
adding some table lookup functionality for materials but for now it seems to
be quite good.
There are three built in materials, Default, NoCollision, and NotFussy (crap
name but nevermind). These are static properties of the Material class.
* Default is used if no material has been set for a geom. Default can also
be assigned to.
* NoCollision means that contact joints will never be created for the geom.
you will however get the OnBeforeCreateContacts event.
* NotFussy basically has no effect. if a geom with a material collides with
a geom with the not fussy material, the surface of the other material will
be used unchanged. if two geoms with notfussy collide, the Default material
is used.

I don't think all that is very well explained but there is a demo with the
latest release so you can have a look at that.
If you have any questions, just ask.

David