[ODE] Approximating the shape of a body with several geoms

Matthias Baas baas at ira.uka.de
Thu Feb 6 06:57:02 2003

At 20:34 05.02.2003 +0100, Mattias Fagerlund you wrote:
>You should check out the boxstack demo, the composite objects solve your
>problem.

Ah, thanks!
So I *can* attach several geoms to one body. Now I've checked my code again
and found out that the reason for my crashes were the collisions between
the individual geoms that approximate the shape (where I actually don't
want collisions to happen since they all belong to the same body). Once I
ignored collisions between the same body everything worked fine.
(Maybe ODE would check this already (would it?), but I've separated ODE's
collision detection part from the simulation part, so that I might switch
to a different collision detection library more easily. This means, I don't
call dGeomSetBody() on the geoms at the moment, but maybe I should think
about that again....)

- Matthias -