[ODE] Problems with geom rotation/positon when wrapping around

travis cline tclinecompappii at hotmail.com
Wed Feb 5 22:20:02 2003

I've added dimensions to limit the area a geom group can move in. (very
similar to the buggy in the buggy example)

If the sweepers flip over, my method puts the back wheels on the wrong
sides. (this isn't a huge issue as flipping will not be common)

But more importantly, if the agent hits a virtual 'wall' at a non 90degree
angle there are problems with the wheel rotations and positions.

I have attemted to getrotation/postion with the geomgroup as a whole but
when attempting this the box geom of the body just remained steadfast to the
middle of ground plane while the wheels rolled around normally.

I'm probably just not looking at in the the right way.

Any help?
thanks