[ODE] I seem to be lacking any friction...

Roel van Dijk roelvandijk at home.nl
Sun Dec 21 00:04:01 MST 2003

On Saturday 20 December 2003 21:24, Darren Horton wrote:
> I can't help thinking I've missed something obvious, but I haven't been
> able
 to find anything in the supplied demos.  Any help or advice would be
> greatly appreciated!
>From the FAQ (http://q12.org/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?FrequentlyAskedQuestions) ;-)
"Q How do I stop things from rolling off into infinity, or pendulums from
swinging forever?
A ODE models a universe with frictionless hinges and no rolling friction, so
problems like those are fairly common. The solution is to apply a force to
simulate RollingFrictionOrAerodynamicDrag."

There's a seperate chapter for rolling friction:
http://q12.org/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?RollingFrictionOrAerodynamicDrag