[ODE] skeletal character

alfo trentam alfo30 at hotmail.com
Fri Dec 12 14:21:37 MST 2003

My intention is to build a keyframed skeletal character!
When the character is hurt by someone/somewhat I "release" the keyframe
system and leave the character fall/slam giving it an impulsive force onto
the contact point.
Despite the work up to this point is really hard, the real problem is: when
the character is ready to fight again I (the program) must understand the
current position of every "piece" of body to make it stand up taking back
his idle keyframe-controlled position.

Another question:
Can I move programmatically an object (not applying a force but setting
position and rotation) make it physically interact with other objects? Ex: I
move a box at 3 m/s in a given direction, if it hit something: what was
hitten receive a force in te contact point and I (the program) take care of
manage my box!
I would animate a character that could kick a box (making it fly away) and
could be kicked.

Sorry again for my shocking bad english!

Thanks Manohar for your quick reply, please try to help me more!  :-)

Alfonso