[ODE] Colliding HashSpaces with HashSpaces

Adam D. Moss adam at gimp.org
Mon Dec 1 16:37:44 MST 2003

Noley Edge wrote:
 > I have encountered two problems when
> attempting to do this. First, SpaceCollide passes two
> geomsIDs to the collision callback, and SpaceCollide2
> takes two geomIDs  as parameters. Within my callback,
> when I test to see if these geoms are Spaces, and then
> try to call SpaceCollide2 with these geomIDs, I get a
> parameter violation if I do not first explicity cast
> the geomIDs, which have been found to be spaces, to
> geomIDs.  Additionally, after casting the geomIDs
> explicity, I then encounter a debug error stating that
> there is no function that collides two Hashtable
> spaces.

The latter problem is now fixed (albeit suboptimally) in
CVS.  (Sourceforge's anon-CVS ODE seems to have finally
caught up on the previous batch of changes, but allow about
a day for the collide2 implementation to turn up there).

 > My goal is to use space hierarchies to implement
 > ragdoll animation. If this cannot be done using the
 > current release of ODE, is there a way to cull
 > collisions efficiently using another method that is
 > currently available ?

If your ragdolls' spaces aren't populated with more than
one or two dozen geoms then a simplespace should be about
as efficient as a hashspace for encompassing an individual
ragdoll.

--Adam
--
Adam D. Moss   . ,,^^   adam at gimp.org   http://www.foxbox.org/   co:3