[ODE] Colliding HashSpaces with HashSpaces

Noley Edge noleyedge at yahoo.com
Mon Dec 1 08:11:30 MST 2003

How can Hashspaces be collided with Hashspaces?

>From the documentation, it seems that in order to
collide a space with another space you need to call
Spacecollide() with an all encompassig world space,
and then within your callback test the geoms to see if
they are spaces and then call Spacecollide2 with the
geoms.  I have encountered two problems when
attempting to do this. First, SpaceCollide passes two
geomsIDs to the collision callback, and SpaceCollide2
takes two geomIDs  as parameters. Within my callback,
when I test to see if these geoms are Spaces, and then
try to call SpaceCollide2 with these geomIDs, I get a
parameter violation if I do not first explicity cast
the geomIDs, which have been found to be spaces, to
geomIDs.  Additionally, after casting the geomIDs
explicity, I then encounter a debug error stating that
there is no function that collides two Hashtable
spaces.

My goal is to use space hierarchies to implement
ragdoll animation. If this cannot be done using the
current release of ODE, is there a way to cull
collisions efficiently using another method that is
currently available ?

Thanks in advance,

Noley