[ODE] 2d Rotation/tranformation

Ed Jones ed.jones at oracle.com
Mon Dec 1 11:09:38 MST 2003

Howdy,

I reckon the best way to use ODE in 2D is to utilise Peter Serocka's
fabulous Plane2D joint, which you can find here;

http://www.mathematik.uni-bielefeld.de/~pserocka/ODE-Plane2D/

If you rummage about in the mailing list archives for posts with "2D" in
the title then you'll find that there have been a few discussions of
this in the past.
There is a way to get Google to search the archives for you, but I can
never remember how to do that!

<offtopic>
Just out of interest; Which sprite engine are you using? I've looked at
Kyra and ZEngine in the past, but neither seemed to do exactly what I
wanted. Or have you rolled your own?
</offtopic>

Cheers,
Ed.