[ODE] CVS help

Jan Ekholm chakie at infa.abo.fi
Wed Aug 27 23:57:02 2003

On Wed, 27 Aug 2003, Matthews, Steve USA wrote:

>Hi
>
>  I'm hoping this is an easy question for someone, because it seems like it might be.  I have cvs installed on my Dell Dimension 8200 with WinXP Home (and Red Hat 9).  I run cvs fine from command prompt (either OS).  Here is what I get when I try to use anonymous pserver access to pull the ODE CVS files:
>
>C:\>cvs -d :pserver:cvs@cvs.sourceforge.com:/cvsroot/opende login
>Logging in to :pserver:cvs@cvs.sourceforge.com:2401/cvsroot/opende
>CVS password:
>cvs [login aborted]: connect to cvs.sourceforge.com(cvs.sourceforge.com):2401 fa
>iled: No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it

SourceForge CVS has been crappy for ages, and now anonymous CVS access
seems to be turned off completely. Several other I know have the same
problem.

>password was left empty, and I hit enter, as the instructions on
>http://sourceforge.net/cvs/?group_id=24884, (the ODE CVS page) tell me to
>do.  The strange thing is that I get the same active refusal from another
>cvs server (cvs.winehq.com); I'm hoping the pattern gives someone a clue.

Wine is probably hosted on SF too?

Personally I'm investigating some alternative sites to SF, it's becoming
more and more of a pain to get it to work. I don't really need all the
fancy stuff that it provides either, so something with CVS, mailing-lists
and WWW-space would be enough.

--
        Five exclamation marks, the sure sign of an insane mind.
                                              -- Terry Pratchett, Reaper Man