[ODE] Tank simulation how?

Csáki Péter PCsaki at grepton.hu
Mon Aug 4 03:40:02 2003

Hello ODE people,

I'm using ode for my vehicle physics but now I need help from you.
I was thinking that a series of wheels would produce the needed effect (they are not rendered in 3d). I wanted to set the wheel's speed differently for both sides. For example the left wheels rotate forward and the right wheels rotate backward. I thought it would rotate the vehicle. But it is not working as I expected.

I have done a search but I couldn't find any solutions.

So does anyone have an idea how to do it? As you see it doesn't have to be an accurate simulation as I want to keep things fast (on cpu at least).

Note that my english is not too good - sorry for that.

Thanks,
Csakip