[ODE] Different behavior on different PCs (Try 2)

John DeWeese deweese at ict.usc.edu
Fri Apr 25 15:43:01 2003

Not much information to go on; maybe you could post the source or
binary. It's strange that you get exactly 85fps on both systems, given
such a variance in the hardware. Is your timestep fixed, or are you
sampling the current time and putting that in? How are you measuring
fps? Running on windows? What compiler? Do the test_apps work the same
on both systems?

Looking back in the list archives, it looks like ODE should run
identically regardless of the platform if it is given an identical
starting state and step sizes. Someone with more experience should
chime in as to what conditions would cause different ODE sessions to
diverge.

   - John