[ODE] Virtual Creature Sample Code here

Rob Leclerc leclerc at cpsc.ucalgary.ca
Wed Apr 16 10:19:01 2003

That is strange that you are getting a constant fitness of "1". To me,
this says that your creature is not moving. What did you compile/run
this on? I have not tested it on anything else other than windows and I
am using MSVC6 to compile. Are you using double or single precision? I
used double, and that may cause some problems if you are using single
precision.

It seems to work fine for me. I did get a crash of some sorts after
generation 104 though, which I am finding a bit strange because memory
allocation is only done once and I ran Rational's Purify on this and
found no extra memory leaks. I am going to try to run this in debug mode
to see if I can track it down the problem -- unfortunately, debug mode
seems to be extra safe sometimes and this problem might not show up for
me.

Best
RDL