[ODE] Reseting World Params

Rob Leclerc leclerc at cpsc.ucalgary.ca
Mon Apr 14 13:38:02 2003

I was wondering what I need to know about resetting world parameters.
Basically, I am evolving a virtual creature, but when I save it, and
reload it later, I am unable to reproduce the behavior of the saved
individual exactly.

Since I didn't see any reset functions for bodies, geometries, or
joints, I just destroy and recreate them for each individual. I was
hoping that that would take care of everything but it looks like there
are some artifacts that remain. I am using double precision, and have
high precision set when out I output to a file. Does anyone have any
ideas what this could be? Are there any parameters, say in the planeGeom
that need to be reset? Any other dynamics that I might not know about?

I had the same problems with Vortex at one point, as there were certain
values that weren't getting cleared with the reset functions.

Best,
RDL

Rob Leclerc
University of Calgary