[ODE] Servo to reach a target position

Nate W coding at natew.com
Thu Apr 10 10:50:02 2003

On Wed, 9 Apr 2003, Royce3 wrote:

> If anybody's interested, I wrote a generic PID algorithm in C++ a
> while back. I could dig it up and send it to the list.

I'm be interested!  Not so much for ODE, but because I tried to write one
for an unrelated project and got nowhere.  Ended up coming up with
something that does work well, and fits what I thought PID meant, but
actually looks nothing like what a later learned PID was. :-)

As far as ODE is concerned, though, Juice uses simple proportional
feedback to control the velocity parameter, and that works pretty well.
PID would be overkill; section 7.5. of the ODE user guide explains why.

--

Nate Waddoups
Redmond WA USA