[ODE] Cannot find config.h and licencing question...

Nguyen Binh Nguyen Binh <ngbinh at glassegg.com>
Fri Sep 27 02:20:02 2002

        So you are new there?

DL> Where can I get this missing file?
    1. Download the make utility at
    http://q12.org/ode/bin/make.exe

    2. and run "make configure" in your ODE dir.

    (Please refer to install in your main ODE dir for indepth guide).

    Then you can take a look at the VC7 Solution file at contrib/mscv7
    by NateW.

DL> I am also using this experience to asses if ODE will be a viable 3rd
DL> party tool for a game/simulation I may be working on.
DL> So my question is is ODE only available under the GPL licence? Is there
DL> another licence available that would allow me to use it in a commercial
DL> application, Or possibly paying for the rights to use it without making
DL> the code open source. I personally do not have a problem with making it
DL> GPL but the people I may be doing the game for, may have issues with
DL> respect to this.

    Well, Russ had made ODE a GPL and/or BSD licences.
    You can see them at the licence.txt and licence-BSD.txt in ODE
    dir.

Note: All of my infos refer to the latest CVS of ODE.

--
Best regards,

   Nguyen Binh
   Software Engineer