[ODE] Negative penetration depths

Thomas Harte thomasharte at lycos.co.uk
Tue Sep 3 14:48:01 2002

--=_NextPart_Caramail_0317171031089633_ID

I have yet another question regarding my continuing efforts to perfect mesh on mesh
collisions within my project.

In some cases I know that a particular contact will occur within the next time step, but it
has not yet. I also know that less error will occur within my simulation if I am able to
preemptively add the contact constraint.

Therefore my question is, what should I put for penetration depth under such a case? If I
put in a negative value, will ODE see that no penalty need be applied, or will it such my
bodies together? If I set penetration depth to 0, will that cause ODE not to do any
penalty stuff?

-Thomas
Check out all the latest outrageous email attachments on the Outrageous Email Chart! - http://viral.lycos.co.uk

--=_NextPart_Caramail_0317171031089633_ID--