[ODE] box-box collisions

Marta Pla i Castells Marta.Pla at uv.es
Mon Oct 28 02:18:02 2002

--=-dM9QhiOGVpqEKo5+CIIg

>=20
> It seems there are a couple possible ways to test for face-face box
> contacts.  Rather than being coplanar actually I meant that the planes of
> each box are parallel, so if we know that the boxes penetrate and are
> coplanar then there must be a face-face contact.  The other way suggested
> by Marta is to compare rotations, and if the boxes are at equal/right/180
> degree angles to one another then they must be in face-face contact as
> well.
>=20
> I think the second way may be a bit faster.
>=20
>=20

I have implemented that way and it works well. The only difficult thing
is that I don't know well how to introduce it in the ODE code. I would
need someone who knows C++ well to do it.=20

Despite of this, I were reading the boxbox algorithm and I see they use
the rotation of the two boxes also. I think there would be easy to put
my code inside of that but I think I wouldn't be able to do it.

--=20

gpg pub  1024D/A2D21610 Marta Pla i Castells <Marta.Pla@uv.es>
Key fingerprint =3D 9578 8116 FC87 C4D2 1A5C  993F 86B4 52D2 A2D2 1610

***********************************

Marta Pla i Castells (Marta.Pla@uv.es)
http://www.uv.es/~mplac
Robotics Institute
University of Valencia (Spain)

Mathematicians are like Frenchmen:
Whenever you say something to them, they translate it into
their own language, and at once it is something entirely different

						Goethe.

--=-dM9QhiOGVpqEKo5+CIIg

--=-dM9QhiOGVpqEKo5+CIIg--