[ODE] box-box collisions

Russ Smith russ at q12.org
Sun Oct 27 12:23:02 2002

> I guess what I'm wondering is, say you shoot an ODE bullet at an ODE
> wall.  At one timestep, the bullet is on one side of the wall, at the
> next it's on the other side, in neither step do their respective
> geometries overlap.  Are you saying that it isn't possible to generate
> a contact point that will ensure stability in such a case?

in this case it's not too hard - consider the wall to be an infinite
plane and generate the contact point when the bullet is on the 'wrong'
side of the wall.

a better example is two long thin objects that go through each other
without intersecting (e.g. in a sword fight). generating the contact
point to handle this case is harder, but not impossible.

russ.

--
Russell Smith
http://www.q12.org