[ODE] Speed of ODE's constraint method

Nate W coding at natew.com
Sun Oct 27 11:25:02 2002

On Sat, 26 Oct 2002, Erwin de Vries wrote:

> > It's like Porrasturvat, but without the stairs [...]  With four dolls
> > (team dismount!), about 15 fps.  Changing them to capped cylinders,
> > 6-9 fps.
>
> These framerates look rediculously low. Are you measuring the physics
> stepping rate?

I am now, and you're right, those numwers are really low with four dolls
and capped cylinders, the dWorldStep call takes about 7 milliseconds.

Drawing the scene takes about 22ms, so I should be getting around 35 fps,
not 6-to-9.  Thanks for the tip, now I'll see what I can do about it.

--

Nate Waddoups
Redmond WA USA