[ODE] Flight Simulation

Marco Grubert grubertm at hotmail.com
Sat Oct 19 22:57:01 2002

>Okey, I'm planning to use ODE to make my airplane fly...
>Would it be possible to simulate aerodynamics on each element of the
airplane (body, right wing, left wing, >tail, etc...)? What is the best
approach, even if it's not "super realistic".

As I have never done a flightsim, I can only refer you to a book such as
"Physics for Game Developers" which has a chapter on airplanes.

>And also, if I have a mesh and a terrain, does ODE support such collisions?

AFAIK no. Only one of the objects can be a mesh (trilist) the other one has
to be a box or sphere (not sure about the current capped/cylinder status).
I.e. you would use the bounding box of the fuselage & wings and a trilist
for the terrain.

- Marco Grubert