[ODE] coldet and ode

Frank C. pox at planetquake.com
Fri Oct 4 13:47:03 2002

This is slightly OT, but...

I'd personally give Opcode a shot if it was more portable. (There
doesn't seem to be an ANSI C/C++ target in the source).

Opcode looks heavily biased towards Win32 (lots of x86 ASM VC++ stuff
in the mix) whereas ColDet compiles on just about anything, without
modification. I've yet to try ColDet with ODE, but was planning on
looking into the possibility in the future.

A trimesh collider built into ODE itself would probably make a lot of
people happy, but I'm not even sure if that's in Russ' long term plans
for the library (it's obviously a hot topic on this list though).

Frank.