[ODE] Lo/Hi Stops for ball-sockets?

Nate W coding at natew.com
Sat Nov 16 11:46:01 2002

On Sat, 16 Nov 2002, Henri Hakl wrote:

>   Essentially it should be able to move inside a cone-of-freedom (plus
> it is only allowed to twist to a certain extend).
>
> Anybody???

Have you tried using an AMotor to set the limits?  I haven't tried this
myself, but looking at 7.5.1. of the documentation it seem like it should
be possible to apply an AMotor to the two bodies and set limits using
dParamSetHiStopN where N is empty, 2 or 3 for each of the AMotor's axes.
Especially look at the last part of 7.5.1, below the table of parameters.

Like I said, I haven't tried it, but from a quick look at the docs I think
it might do what you want.

--

Nate Waddoups
Redmond WA USA